Saturday, April 16, 2016

Useful Dynamic – 1st Samuel 23

“One day news came to David that the Philistines were at Keilah stealing grain from the threshing floors. David asked the Lord, “Should I go and attack them?”
“Yes, go and save Keilah,” the Lord told him. But David’s men said, “We’re afraid even here in Judah. We certainly don’t want to go to Keilah to fight the whole Philistine army!”
So David asked the Lord again, and again the Lord replied, “Go down to Keilah, for I will help you conquer the Philistines.” So David and his men went to Keilah… Saul soon learned that David was at Keilah. “Good!” he exclaimed. “We’ve got him now! God has handed him over to me, for he has trapped himself in a walled town!” So Saul mobilized his entire army to march to Keilah and besiege David and his men.
But David learned of Saul’s plan and told Abiathar the priest to bring the ephod and ask the Lord what he should do. 10 Then David prayed, “O Lord, God of Israel, I have heard that Saul is planning to come and destroy Keilah because I am here. 11 Will the leaders of Keilah betray me to him?[a] And will Saul actually come as I have heard? O Lord, God of Israel, please tell me.”
And the Lord said, “He will come.”
12 Again David asked, “Will the leaders of Keilah betray me and my men to Saul?”
And the Lord replied, “Yes, they will betray you.”


The dynamic here is quite simple, is called conversation.  Today’s technological advances had transformed some of our conversations to another level! And although that could be helpful in some situations, nothing replaces a good old conversation, were two people look and pay attention to each other.  In a physical conversation love expressions are shown bringing the two people closer because there’s a focal point of contact, and thru it you can really sense the other person’s feelings, whether good or bad.

When the conversation is with God, although we physically can’t see HIM, He takes care of that by touching our hearts, and mind with that unexplainable and incomprehensible sense of peace.  Sometimes these conversations can include physical experiences as the Lord touches the spirit which HE gave us, we can feel the “goose bumps”, unexplainable tears, and yes, although I’ve never have, I’ve heard people said they’ve heard HIS audible voice.  But as different as we all are, I’m not surprise that HE speaks to us in our own individual way tailored specifically for you to understand when HE is speaking to you.  One common way HE speaks to us all is thru His word, that’s why is so important that you take time to read it, daily! 

In those times when I have not known what to say or do, I’ve learned to ask HIM to show me thru the Scriptures what’s the way to go.  Because you’re tuned with HIM, and looking for HIS answer, HIS way for you, HE will ask for that’s what HE loves from us, to see HIS face for everything in our lives! 

After telling HIM what you need to know, ask HIM to bring a book of the Bible to mind, then a chapter of the Bible where you can find the answer to your question.  If it’s too long or too much for you to comprehend, you can ask Him for the verses to zoom in for the answer to what you’re looking for. And then, read it, read it, read it; until you get what HE is trying to tell you. Then DO NOT DOUBT!  The Lord Himself said:
·         “Ask me and I (The Lord) will tell you remarkable secrets you do not know about things to come.”[1]
·         “Return to Me, and I will return to you,”[2]

The key here is to make sure your relationship with the Lord is clean; I mean, you must have asked HIM to clean your heart and to forgive you of anything that maybe hindering His answer.  Then start by worshiping HIM, telling HIM how much you love Him and how much you care to do HIS will for your life, and HE who LOVES that, HE will make sure you get your questions answered! Try it!

I’m praying for you this morning!  For if you do not know about the GOD who can really give you the RIGHT answers ALL the time, you choose to meet HIM by calling upon His name, confessing your sins to Him, recognizing that HE loved you so much that HE sent JESUS to die in the cross for our sins. And in gratitude for sending HIS Son to the cross, you choose to accept the gift of HIS salvation and make HIM the Lord of your life. I also pray for you to be brave, and dare to ask HIM to show you His answer to your questions thru the Bible, and I pray for HIS glory in JESUS name, AMEN!!!   

 





[1] Jeremiah 33:3 NLT
[2] Malachi 3:7b NKJV

No comments: