Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Promises of Deliverance – Exodus 6

2 And God said to Moses, “I am Yahweh—‘the Lord.’[a]I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob as El-Shaddai—‘God Almighty’[b]—but I did not reveal my name, Yahweh, to them. And I reaffirmed my covenant with them. Under its terms, I promised to give them the land of Canaan, where they were living as foreigners. You can be sure that I have heard the groans of the people of Israel, who are now slaves to the Egyptians. And I am well aware of my covenant with them.6  “Therefore, say to the people of Israel: ‘I am The Lord. I will free you from your oppression and will rescue you from your slavery in Egypt. I will redeem you with a powerful arm and great acts of judgment.I will claim you as my own people, and I will be your God. Then you will know that I am the Lord your God who has freed you from your oppression in Egypt. I will bring you into the land I swore to give to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. I will give it to you as your very own possession. I am the Lord!’” So Moses told the people of Israel what the Lord had said, but they refused to listen anymore. They had become too discouraged by the brutality of their slavery.


Like many of us today, Bible time people became discouraged too and since, then we’ve seen that with it negative reactions accompany that discouragement.  Praise God for HIS all-knowing power that decided to leave for us such an indelible document for us to go back to as a reference for life.  They didn’t have The Bible then, they had “the Real thing”; history was in the making, and they were an essential for it.  Today, because of them, our work has been “cut out” for us; because though Moses shared with the people what God had said, they didn’t believe him, and continue to be submitted to the brutality of their slavery we have seen how that given PROMISE was indeed fulfilled. 

IF we place ourselves in the Jewish people’s shoes, and if you bring that to your life today, it will be easier to see why they got discouraged and refused to listen; they were oppressed even more than before, wouldn’t you?! BUT due to the fact that now we can see that although things could become “worse” for a minute, when GOD promises, HE fulfills.  Now, it’s important that you keep a close relationship with the Lord to make sure that you ARE where HE wants you to be at. BECAUSE, otherwise the oppression you might be getting could be directly correlated to your lack of communication with the Lord and in straight disobedience to His commands.

Sin is committed when you know to do something and you ignore it, and do not do it.  The Jews had been promised but hadn’t seen just yet, I’m not saying that was ok, but just that today, we’ve been promised, and we’ve seen how the promises had been fulfilled, so for us it shouldn’t be that hard to believe, but only accept that GREATER Love that ONLY a FATHER like God could offer for HIS children.

Whether we accept it or not is a personal choice; if we choose not to, then we’ll be walking in sin. But who wouldn’t want to accept to be blessed?! Because all thru the Bible, GOD had promise us what HE promised for HIS people then, freedom from oppression, rescue from slavery, and redemption with great acts of judgment, those are blessings that NO ONE can purchase not even at the greatest department stores!

Besides the promises given to all of us children of HIS, I KNOW God had given you personal promises that are “only for you”.  Today, I want you to recall those promises, and I pray you call upon the name above all names, and ask God more about it.  Ask HIM details of how to place yourself in the position to receive those promises; ask if there are things that might be hindering those from coming down.  If there are things that you need to let go, pray for forgiveness and commit yourself to let those things go.  Avoid whatever brings you to them, whether is places, people or things; and afterward, see the Lord manifest in your life like never before.  “God’s way is perfect. All the Lord’s promises prove true. He is a shield for all who look to him for protection.”[1]  If a time passes and you still looking for that promise, repeat the process, and wait for it for although it may tarry, a promise is a promise and HE who promises, fulfills!!! “For the vision is yet for an appointed time; but at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; because it will surely come…”[2]. “Therefore know that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and mercy for a thousand generations with those who love Him and keep His commandments”[3]

If you have not receive HIM in your heart, and are not part of HIS people, now it’s a GREAT time to open your heart, confess your sins to HIM, and receive Salvation by accepting the GIFT of HIS SON, sent to die in the cross for our sins.  If you let me know that you’ve accepted HIM, I can send you additional information on how to keep your new relationship going, and receive HIS promises for you.

I’m praying for you to fall in LOVE with JESUS, for it’s the best thing you could ever do!  

Have a GREAT day in the Lord!


[1] 2 Samuel 22:31
[2] Habakkuk 2:3 NKJV
[3] Deuteronomy 7:9 NKJV

No comments: