Tuesday, February 9, 2016

THE Good, Good FATHER – Exodus 25

Thinking this morning about our Good, Good Father! I know is a great worship song, but meditating among the things that any “good” father do, is instruct a child. A very useful Scripture for those that are trying to raise children says to “Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.”[1]  

Exodus 25:1 “The Lord said to Moses, 2 “Tell the people of Israel to bring ME their sacred offerings. Accept the contributions from all whose hearts are moved to offer them.  3 Here is a list of sacred offerings you may accept from them: gold, silver, and bronze; 4 blue, purple, and scarlet thread; fine linen and goat hair for cloth; 5 tanned ram skins and fine goatskin leather; acacia wood; 6 olive oil for the lamps; spices for the anointing oil and the fragrant incense; 7 onyx stones, and other gemstones to be set in the ephod and the priest’s chestpiece. 8 “Have the people of Israel build me a holy sanctuary so I can live among them. 9 You must build this Tabernacle and its furnishings exactly according to the pattern I will show you.

The LORD, The Good, Good Father, SAID to Moses bring ME sacred offerings; yes HE was talking about material things as they were about to build The Tabernacle but pass that it was for a tabernacle that hasn’t been build yet, the first of its kind, there’s another teaching.  It is the teaching that even today we HAVE the responsibility of building our churches, there has to be a Holy Sanctuary, that special place that you go in an bring your special offering. Love offerings like we can see here gold, silver, and bronze items, also fine linen and goat hairs for cloth or some offerings more common today like your worship, whether is thru song, or thru your financial support; that place where you bring your burdens down, where you get to experience a more intimate encounter with THE MASTER.
But the point is that The Good, Good Father gave us a command that must be followed, because there HAS to be a physical building that represents THE CREATOR of ALL, which represents THE GIVER, the FOUNDATION of the LAW in our communities. That ought to be not the court house, because although yes we all need the court system, and I’m not trying to take anything from it, but even before that which will perish someday, HAS TO BE, GOD! The IMPERISHABLE, The EVERLASTING GOD! And The tabernacle where we ought to worship HIM!

In some of our grannies home (not so much today’s “modern” family homes), part of the decoration of the home included a picture of the “King and the Queen” of that home.  This was a representation of the leaders of that home, the people who make the rules in that home.  Even in great corporations you can see a huge picture of the founder of that empire, can you see where I’m going? GOD is not only THE “FOUNDER”, but HE IS THE CREATOR OF ALL!

Our society, the old and new coming generations NEED to see, and recognize that THERE IS A GOD, who IS, THE CREATOR, and RULER of all! And as a part of the body of Christ, we have to do our part to keep that place up; it’s our responsibility!

There are two tabernacles I want to address to you; the first one is the church as the “house of God” where people congregate weekly.  I’m sure you’ve heard more than once “but the gospel is free, why do they need me to bring my money?”  As we seen in this Scripture, this was something established by GOD, who gives you every breath you take, and that should settle it. Besides, that place that you call church is in a land that probably has a mortgage, electricity, water, and air conditioner/heater; the building has been conditioned for you to seat down, and walk comfortably, also for you to hear and see the Word of God, and all those utilities and utensils have to be paid for and maintained on a regular bases. And who can forget, the mission of the church which is also to reach out to the community to teach them about God and HIS ways, and all these things, my friend are NOT free. 

Is in the church where God’s Word it’s taught to us, and how to apply His Word onto our lives to become Holy people of God, “For I am the Lord your God. You shall therefore consecrate yourselves, and you shall be holy; for I am holy. Neither shall you defile yourselves with any creeping thing that creeps on the earth”[2], so might as well just comply with our Good, Good Father’s Word.

The second “tabernacle” is your heart; and this one is an individual responsibility with yourself. In this tabernacle, only those you give access to, are able to pour into it.  Be careful what you allow your eyes to see and ears to hear, BECAUSE all of it goes into your heart, and “it determines the course of your life.[3]  “The precepts of the Lord are right, bringing joy to the heart; the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes.”[4]

I am (JESUS speaking) the true Vine, and My Father is the vinedresser….. 4 Remain in Me, and I [will remain] in you. Just as no branch can bear fruit by itself without remaining in the vine, neither can you [bear fruit, producing evidence of your faith] unless you remain in Me. 5 I am the Vine; you are the branches. The one who remains in Me and I in him bears much fruit, for [otherwise] apart from Me [that is, cut off from vital union with Me] you can do nothing….7 If you remain in Me and My words remain in you [that is, if we are vitally united and My message lives in your heart], ask whatever you wish and it will be done for you. 8 My Father is glorified and honored by this, when you bear much fruit, and prove yourselves to be My [true] disciples. 9 I have loved you just as the Father has loved Me; remain in My love [and do not doubt My love for you]. 10 If you keep My commandments and obey My teaching, you will remain in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and remain in His love. 11 I have told you these things so that My joy and delight may be in you, and that your joy may be made full and complete and overflowing.[5]

 
If you want to start a relationship with the Lord, call upon His name, confess that you’ve sin and need HIS forgiveness, believe He sent JESUS to die for our sins, and accept the gift of salvation; then join a church that studies the Word of God, and eat His Word at home, daily!     

I’m praying for you, and that new life that’s starting in you today!



[1] Proverbs 22:6 NKJV
[2] Leviticus 11:44 NKJV
[3] Proverbs 4:23 NLT
[4] Psalm 19:8 AMP
[5] John 15:1-11 AMP

No comments: