Tuesday, February 16, 2016

The Burnt, Grain, and Peace Offerings – Leviticus 1-3

I.            The Burnt Offering

·       Either from the herd of cattle or the flock of sheep and goats, a perfect male, including the head and fat.
·       If a bird, a turtledove or a young pigeon, remove the crop and the feathers

II.            The Grain Offering

·       Choice flour, with olive oil, sprinkle with frankincense
·       If its baked must be without any yeast with olive oil or wafers spread with olive oil
·       No yeast or honey maybe burned
·       Season all your grain with salt, never forget it.
·       If fruits, you shall offer your first fruits green heads of grain roasted on the fire, grain beaten from full heads with oil on it, and lay frankincense on it.

III.            The Peace Offering

If an animal is from the herd, either male of female but it must have no defects
·       Include the fat around the internal organs, the two dines and the fat around them near the loins and the long lobe of the liver
·       If the animal is from the flock, either male of female but it must have no defects
·       Include the fat of the broad tail cut off near the backbone, all the fat around the internal organs, the two kidneys and the fat around them near the loins and the long lobe of the liver
·         If a goat, include the fat around the internal organs, the two kidneys and the fat around them near the loins and the long lobe of the liver



Aren’t you glad that this was back then and NOT today?  I am!  I can’t imagine myself having to have a farm and raise animals to be able to do all these just to show the Lord my love and dedication.  Do not get me wrong, to be a farmer back then was a blessing, and is even a greater one today with the market the way has turn to be.  But as a city raised girl, I do not see any other way suitable for me…  Truly this showed a dedication and willingness like no other, even more for the priest who had to handle the slaughtering, the blood, and the “grilling”.  I’m thinking that’s why men love to grill; it’s been embedded within them since the beginning of times, right?!

The fact is I’m glad I can show my appreciation to my Lord, in so many different and simpler ways like  singing praises to His name,  making time to read His word, by showing the love of Christ to the unlovable, my asking Him to lead me as I get dress, go out, and make daily decisions. I’m glad I can go before His throne and make peace with Him, by asking His forgiveness and His direction in everything I say and do.

As you meditate on all the things that had to be done back then in order to receive an “approved” offering, and how much easier we have it here today, make the choice to start offering your best worship to Him who gives you breath of life.  Shout to the Lord your love for Him, singing praises and clapping with your hands, and if you, like me, think you can’t sing, make a joyful noise in worship.
Because guess what? You’ve been set free! And whom the Son sets free is free indeed![1]
   
Let me remind you, that there are some who still today, go by the last words of this third chapter:

 “You must NEVER EAT any FAT or BLOOD.  This is a permanent law for you, and it must be observed from generation to generation, wherever you live.”[2]

 This shall be a perpetual statute throughout your generations in all your dwellings: you shall eat neither fat nor blood.’”[3]

We do not need to judge those that even today they choose to still follow that old covenant, but in view of how grateful we are that JESUS came to abolish that old covenant, giving us the freedom we so enjoy today, let’s worship with the freedom we’ve been given, with a grateful praise. AMEN?!

I pray you worship with me to the tune of, “Whom the Son sets free is free indeed, and there ain't no chains that can hinder me, Hallelujah! Yeah, yeah, Hallelujah!”[4]

Have a great day in the Lord, and remember, if you do not have a relationship with the Lord, is as easy as A-B-C; Admit you are a sinner and need forgiveness; Believe that God sent His Son JESUS to die in the cross for your sins and, Confess Him as the ONLY Savior and Master of your life.  Join a church that studies God’s Word, and you read The Bible and talk to the Lord, DAILY! Your life will never be the same!



[1] John 8:36 NKJV
[2] Leviticus 3:17 NLT
[3] Leviticus 3:17 NKJV
[4] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl7cIdjYNP0

No comments: